Saturday, July 13, 2013

Retro...

Every so often, the boyfriend requests something out of his grandmother's cookbook, The Doubleday Cookbook Complete Conteporary Cooking, Volume 1 and 2, 1975, Jean Anderson, Elaine Hanna.

Queen of Puddings
Hesitation sets in since I'm not one of following directions well when it comes to cooking and the expectation of cooking like his grandmother scares me even though I've never met her.  Would I ever be able to cook as well as her? Would it compare to what the boyfriend remembered as a child? 

The boyfriend revealed that he didn't remember the cooking so much of his grandmother's so everything was fair game.

His first request out his grandmother's cookbook was Queen of Puddings.  Sounds too English to be true, but its as English as the Queen herself.  Traditionally this dish is prepared at England County Fairs in Honor of her Majesty.  Though, for the boyfriend and I, its a bit too much sugar.  Shortly after eating a small bit, I experienced a sugar crash.  I've never been one of sweets so my body doesn't react well with processed sugars.

No comments:

Post a Comment