Saturday, October 5, 2013

Return of the Waistline...

After about a month of no cooking challenges due to the mold in the boyfriend's old apartment and getting settled into our apartment, yes that's right, we moved in together, the return of the challenge is to start next week.

I spent a good deal of the afternoon resorting the cabinets in the kitchen for easy access of spices and other kitchen essential items.  It isn't perfect, but for the time being and sanity sake, it will work for both of us.

I'm still looking for the "perfect" spice rack that will make my challenges a little bit easier since as of now, we are using an old lazy Susan to host the 20+ spices with have.

I might also add that with the sorting of the "pantry" I found the maple syrup that my parents gave the boyfriend from their quick trip to Canada.  For awhile, it had gone missing into the forest of disorganization and I had been making fresh fruit compote as a substitute for syrup for the pancakes.  We've  been good and only eat 2 medium sized pancakes per week so our waistlines aren't expanding because of it.

I've also been reading more into my friend's textbook (Le Cordon Bleu's Professional Cooking) to better enhance this blog.

Onward, the more I talk on food, the hungrier I'll get to want to experiement and my food intake for the night is done.

Until next week, Silly Beans will have her nose in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment