Sunday, September 8, 2013

Postponed Challenge...NOOOOOOO!

As some of you might be aware, the great food challenge of 2013 has been temporarily suspended due to circumstances out of the boyfriend's and my control.

After the great spicy mango fiasco, he discovered a leak under his kitchen sink resulting in a quick departure of the apartment.

Management had found mold and moved him to a two bedroom apartment within the same complex.

As a result, we have been trying to get our lives back to a somewhat normalized routine.  However, its a very slow process.  He is still sorting his old stuff out, and I'm no where near moved in.  Between working full time, him going to class in the evening, and I started a new job in June, we haven't had much evening down time.  I'm also traveling every other week at the moment for training so that makes things difficult to do anything related to the apartment until the weekend.

It is our sincere hope we are back to somewhat normalization of the challenge by October, but when I see the current state of the kitchen, I'd be lucky to get anything challenging out of it but remembering where I put dishes and serving flatware.

Do not loose hope in that we will have the challenge back in full cycle mode before the year is up.  If not, well, there's always 2014, right?

Keep posted as I will try to get at least a challenge in by October!

Forever me,

Silly Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment