Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bravery..

Every once in awhile, I feel brave and want to completely experiment with something that isn't on my designated "ingredient" week or "recipe" week because I crave for something different.  With limited funds, going to a five-star restaurant is out, but it doesn't make my taste for something extravagant diminish, if anything, it makes me want to work harder towards achieving the goal.

At the same time, the more I pay for a meal, the more I feel somewhat disappointed.  I can't explain this well so I will try my best.

When my dad turned 70, he had the dream of eating at the French Laundry, like my brother and his wife did for their honeymoon.  The French Laundry is one of the top eateries in the San Francisco Bay Area, and also pricy...Instead of sending my dad to the French Laundry, my brother sent him to Bouchon, another Thomas Keller restaurant for a slightly lower price tag.

In any event, I was more in the mood to try going the Italian route on this particular test of mine.  I was also limited to what was in my fridge.

The results weren't French Laundry or Bouchon but close enough to gourmet quality that I will try to do again at some point.


I guess the Remy in me said, "anyone can do this," was a bit too ambitious for this one, but nevertheless, its one I plan to do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment