Friday, August 23, 2013

Comfort Food

Comfort food comes in all forms.  In the land of America, comfort food involves a possible childhood favorite.  Unfortunately, the only time I ever had this childhood favorite was in the school cafeteria since my mom never cooked it.

I decided to get a little adventurous and tried making sloppy Joe's with oven baked fries.  I was ridiculed a little for making oven baked fries, but with the amount of oil the boyfriend used, it might as well have been fried.

Eh well, served with a cold beer, this childhood classic made the boyfriend happy and it honestly tasted better than what I remember.  Then again, my memory of cafeteria food as a kid almost would make anyone's stomach turn a different direction.  Where's Jaime Oliver when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment