Friday, August 23, 2013

Hollandaise dresses up Asparagus

So the challenge continued, but my creativity had hit a roadblock for this one.  Asparagus came into season and I'm all about using fresh ingredients and while in season.  Asparagus also has the after the effect of turning one's pee green.  I know, too much information, but tidbits are part of the appeal of the blog, no?

For the asparagus itself, I oven roasted them and attempted to do a Hollandaise sauce to drizzle over it.  Hollandaise sauce is a challenge, and when not equipped properly, it can easily make Hollandaise into scrambled eggs.  There's a reason I dislike electric stove tops, and that tends to be because it over heats the items you're cooking too quickly and results become either burnt, or in my case, scrambled.

Once I managed enough sauce, I wrapped the asparagus in smoked salmon and poured the Hollandaise over it.

Results proved to be tasty and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment