Sunday, September 8, 2013

Kale a Healthy Green but Difficult to Chew

Now I'm not entirely certain as to why, but the boyfriend picked the ingredient kale while he was gone.  Just because he was gone, didn't make my challenge lighten up any that's for certain.  If anything, I was trying to feed a more difficult crowd.

He requested kale and I was to cook it for some old folk.  I visited my parents for this dish, and was restricted to the ingredients I'd find in the mother's pantry, including the kale.

The kale was fresh from the mother's garden so I knew it was organic, and I combined it with white beans and bacon for a southern green dish.  I do have to admit that kale was a bit tougher to cook, literally, and not like mustard greens that wilt as the heat continues to cook it.

In future, kale takes a little more to get down the stomach and a little more heat to cook to a chewable consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment