Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rosemary...California's Herb Abudance

I didn't realize that picking a dish with fresh rosemary was harder than picking a needle out of the haystack, no pun intended. Well maybe a slight pun since the rosemary I picked up was out of the boyfriend's apartment complex.

In California, rosemary can be widely found and so I don't ever find the need to go and buy it for the various dishes I prepare that call for fresh rosemary.  Also, fresh picked rosemary to add to some olive oil and fresh garlic adds the extra kick to most dishes without being over powerful.  If the rosemary is dried, it is just as potent.

In any event, I was at a bit of stumping point when it came to choosing something I hadn't done before when I wanted to cook with this ingredient.

I chose to do a batch of cookies.  It isn't often I feel like baking since it is an art form out on all its own.

These cookies are essentially sugar cookies with rosemary added to them.  A Victorian era favorite and apparently, instead of rosemary, one could use lavender too.

Either way, a good cookie to pair with a spot of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment